Friday 2 August 2013

Make It Count

As a corporate trainer, my work day starts and ends with my audience in mind.

Companies work with me to accomplish an objective:  to enhance their employees image, to instill leadership skills in their team or to simply teach their sales people how to be better sellers in their industry.  I sometimes feel the pressure to change the way people think, forgetting that each of the participants come in for different reasons.

As I ask each of them what they want to learn, all of them come in with a variety of reasons. As I listen to them one by one, my desire is always not just to meet their expectations but to go beyond and make a difference. With that in mind, I move forward to share experiences, best practices and pass on the things I've learned whether it be from my own life or through books I've read and mentors I've met along the way.

During the sessions, I throw in questions that can somehow give me a validation of where they are at in the "learning" zone. There are moments that I say to myself "Mission Accomplished" and times when I feel  I need to dig a little deeper and push a little harder knowing that I only have a few days or hours with them and I want to MAKE IT COUNT.

Then the training comes to an end. I give my final piece of encouragement and wish them success in all their endeavors.  I will never know if our paths will cross again, but hope that somehow I have made my life count!

 Here are some precious notes that I receive from participants.. It makes me love what I do over and over again!
Love this!
Made my heart cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment