Monday 9 January 2012

Childhood Dreams

Growing up, I was a very shy kid. I hardly made friends and always found home behind my mother's skirt. People that knew me then never thought that I would turn-around.



One day, I decided to get out of my shell, to become someone different and try new things. I realized that being shy would not take me one step closer to my dreams. 

Dreams were my fuel. They kept me going. I dreamed a lot. 

I dreamed of going to Disneyland. I dreamed that the color of my first car would be black. I dreamed of having an apartment with a panoramic view. I dreamed of  studying and living in New York. I dreamed of having friends, lots of friends. I dreamed that I would be a fashion guru. I dreamed of being a speaker. I dreamed that I would be able to cook good Paella, the way my grandma does. 

To date, each one of these dreams have come to pass. 

Looking back,  lots of tears, hard work, patience and perseverance were put into it. There were things that I had to do in order for each and every one of them to be fulfilled. 
I believe that the way I have seen my dreams come true right before my eyes, can happen to you too! 

Tune in to my next blog as I take you back on the lessons I learned, steps I took and the moments when I finally realized that I was one step closer to my dream. 

In the meantime, I leave you with a glimpse of my dreams that have now been realities :) Toodeloo



No comments:

Post a Comment